A youth-led, solutions-oriented discussion on where we go from here
Thanks for joining us for The Four Years We Need, a youth-led virtual panel discussion designed for young leaders and key adult allies. This post-inauguration event is dedicated to where young people will take our energy from here, starting with holding the Biden-Harris administration accountable around the critical issues that impact young people.
- Join us! The Future We Need Campaign Nominate yourself or any outstanding youth here and young adult leaders you know to be featured and have their work amplified!
- Join the Reconnecting Youth Campaign and ensure young people are centered in any upcoming stimulus packages – workforce pathways, jobs, mental health supports.
- Check out CLASP’s New Deal for Youth Initiative: Why We Can’t Wait: A New Deal for Youth | CLASP
- #YouthinGov Sign the Petition & Get Involved #YouthInGov: A Proposal for Students in the Biden-Harris Administration
- On behalf of Student Debt Crisis sign the petition to tell Joe Biden to Cancel Student Debt by Executive Action.
- Are you a young progressive LGBT interested in running for office? Pride in Running is a youth based organization seeking to help LGBTQ+ youth run for office and civically engage with their communities! For interested folks email and check out their IG @prideinrunning.
- Diagnosing the Problem: Historical Context and Overview of Issue Areas (featuring Anushka Joshi, GEN-ZiNE; Kimberly Pham, Opportunity Youth United & National Council of Young Leaders; Alejandro Ortiz, American Friends Service Committee Iowa; Daniel Rosebud, The GReY Project; Lexi James, Hopi Foundation)
- Spoken word performances (featuring young artists Natalia Pena, Jocelyn Gama, Israel Juarez, and Matthew Marroquín)
- Data Informed Policy: Why We Need a New Deal for Youth (featuring Dr. Nia West Bey, Senior Policy Analyst at CLASP)
- The Last Four Years & The Four Years We Need (featuring Anushka Joshi, GEN-ZiNE; Cody Hounanian, Student Debt Crisis Organizer; Anima Salahou, Black Lives Matter Organizer)
- Solutions & Accountability Big and Small (featuring Mary Ellen Wiggins, The Forum for Youth Investment; Gerod Blue, The Forum for Youth Investment & Reconnecting Youth Campaign; Cailin Lansang, Content By Us & SparkAction)
- Nothing for Us Without Us: #YouthInGov (featuring Merrit Jones, Student Voice; Jazmin Kay, 18by.Vote; Bo Machayo, Northern Virginia Regional Director for Sen. Mark Warner)